Friday, July 24, 2009

Cantina Los Caballitos

1651 E Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia
http://cantinaloscaballitos.com/



Okay, yes, I should've known better than to pay $14 for a burrito, even if it was a "smoked seitan barbecue burrito" (or something like that). But for that price, I was expecting something special. Instead, I got a tortilla filled with plain, unseasoned white rice and a few strips of seitan doused in barbecue sauce. It resembled something hastily thrown together from other dishes' leftovers. I might have considered it a decent deal for $5, but not $14. Also, the guacamole had obviously been sitting out for a while (it was more brown than green) and was probably the worst, yet most expensive, I've ever had.

That said, I like the atmosphere, the servers were pretty nice, the margaritas were very good (and plentiful), and the appetizers provide more than enough food for most people--and, at least at our table, tasted better than the entrees. Go during one of their margarita specials and stick with the appetizers. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment